Win up to £25k and support
HARP is Southend’s homeless charity, helping over 1,200 people every year who are either homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. They provide essential services like food, clothing and washing facilities, as well as emergency and long-term supported housing. By playing the make a smile lottery for HARP, you will be helping more local people overcome homelessness for good.
Homelessness is a diverse and complex issue, and many homeless people remain hidden; sofa surfing, sleeping rough away from danger, or living between places as and when the opportunity arises. At HARP, they have a tried and tested pathway to support people to move on to an independent life. They aim to provide tailored, innovative solutions for specific groups to get the best possible results and help as many people move on as possible.
- Helps over 1,200 people every year who are either homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Housed 1,100 homeless people between 2015 and 2020.
- Provided 60,000 meals and food parcels for rough sleepers over a five year period.
From your very first game, you will be helping HARP to raise vital funds that will go back into the community. Some examples of what your contribution could pay for:
- £5 could help to cover the costs of a two-night stay in HARP emergency accommodation.
- £20 could give someone the chance to talk through their problems with our specialist staff who can give advice on homelessness prevention, housing, financial and medical issues.
- £100 could provide Home Starter Packs for people moving into their new homes.
Registered Charity Number: 1098126
How To Play The Lottery
Each entry to the draw costs £1. Our draws are run every week of the year, usually on a Friday. You can either set up a membership to provide your chosen cause with a regular and reliable income, every week of the year, or you can play as and when you want to, whatever suits you best!
Lottery fundraising is a really easy and fun way to provide good causes with an income that they can plan for the future with. You need to be 18 or over and living in Great Britain to take part.
Last year (April 2021-March 2022):
- Lottery Income that went towards charitable causes = £533,923.00 (43.3%)
- Lottery income that went on expenses = £555,918.00 (45.1%)
- Lottery income that went on prizes = £117,000.00 (11.6%)
In total, there were an average 23,710 weekly plays across our charity partners, with 5,307 prizes being given away over the year.
Please call us if you would rather set your lottery membership up over the phone 0300 303 4500.
How Do I Win?
When you join, we will allocate you with a lottery play number. Our draws are randomly drawn each Friday (with exception when this is a Bank Holiday, when it will take place the working day prior). You don’t need to check the results every week, although you can if you want to. If you win, we will contact you to let you know. If we have your email, your prize winnings will automatically go into your make a smile account; where you can then request a withdrawal, after which monies are then transferred into your bank account, or if you don’t have an email with us, a letter and cheque will be sent via post (please make sure that we have your up to date address).
|PLUS a rollover of £500 each week||up to a maximum of £25,000!|