Win up to £25k and support
Tenovus Cancer Care
About Tenovus Cancer Care
At Tenovus Cancer Care their aims are simple. They want a future that gives anyone affected by cancer, the best access to the treatment and support they need. A future that reduces the impact of cancer, gives people hope and helps them to live their best lives.
Their mission is to give hope, help and a voice to anyone affected by cancer, in and around the community. They empower people through their support and services. They champion their needs by campaigning for better treatments, outcomes, and health across the nation. They help people with cancer and their loved one's cope, and through their vital research, they offer hope.
How they can help:
- Their free Support Line is open 365 days a year for anyone worried about cancer.
- Specialist cancer nurses offer advice on a range of cancer related questions, including signs and symptoms of cancer, effects of treatment and healthy lifestyles.
- Specialist cancer nurses call patients throughout their cancer treatment journey to ensure people going through cancer aren’t alone.
- Mobile Support Units bring cancer treatment closer to home, saving patients precious time and money.
- Advisors help cancer patients and their families access benefits and grants they’re entitled to.
- Sing with Us choirs support thousands of people affected by cancer every week through virtual choir sessions.
- Researchers find ways to prevent and treat cancer, as well as how to make life easier for people living with cancer today.
From your very first game, you will be helping Tenovus Cancer Care to raise vital funds that will go back into the community. Some examples of what your contribution could help pay for:
£15 could allow the Tenovus Cancer Care Tele-friends service to continue to support someone with a cancer diagnosis with regular phone calls; helping to lift spirits and giving patients someone friendly to chat with outside of their own home.
£20 could allow Tenovus Cancer Care’s Benefits Advice Team to support someone who is diagnosed with cancer and is unable to work, to access financial support they are entitled to. Meaning that money troubles are one less thing for those affected by cancer to worry about.
£55 could allow Tenovus Cancer Care’s specialist cancer nurses to provide support and guidance to four people going through cancer treatment, via their Call Back service. If a patient is struggling with the side-effects of chemo, anxious about surgery or feeling alone, their nurses are there for them.
Registered Charity Number: 1054015
How To Play The Lottery
Each entry to the draw costs £1. Our draws are run every week of the year, usually on a Friday. You can either set up a membership to provide your chosen cause with a regular and reliable income, every week of the year, or you can play as and when you want to, whatever suits you best!
Lottery fundraising is a really easy and fun way to provide good causes with an income that they can plan for the future with. You need to be 18 or over and living in Great Britain to take part.
Last year (April 2021-March 2022):
- Lottery Income that went towards charitable causes = £533,923.00 (43.3%)
- Lottery income that went on expenses = £555,918.00 (45.1%)
- Lottery income that went on prizes = £117,000.00 (11.6%)
In total, there were an average 23,710 weekly plays across our charity partners, with 5,307 prizes being given away over the year.
Please call us if you would rather set your lottery membership up over the phone 0300 303 4500.
How Do I Win?
When you join, we will allocate you with a lottery play number. Our draws are randomly drawn each Friday (with exception when this is a Bank Holiday, when it will take place the working day prior). You don’t need to check the results every week, although you can if you want to. If you win, we will contact you to let you know. If we have your email, your prize winnings will automatically go into your make a smile account; where you can then request a withdrawal, after which monies are then transferred into your bank account, or if you don’t have an email with us, a letter and cheque will be sent via post (please make sure that we have your up to date address).
|PLUS a rollover of £500 each week||up to a maximum of £25,000!|