Who are make a smile?
Make a smile are owned and operated by St Helena Hospice in Colchester, Essex. Being owned by a charity ourselves, we really understand how important fundraising is and the importance of providing a valuable regular income.
Make a smile started in 2017, but we have been running lotteries since 2001, and Your Hospice Lottery since 2011! We support 14 causes across Great Britain (as well as 17 Hospices in Your Hospice Lottery) and have so far raised over £18 million for good causes across both lotteries.
All proceeds in make a smile get reinvested back in the charity sector!
We are committed to helping good causes increase their income via a lottery and make it as easy to set up as possible for you, with no upfront costs.
Are you looking for an additional income stream?
Do you like the idea of starting a lottery, but are worried about the process?
Partner with make a smile lottery, and let us take the stress away, and provide you with a quarterly, un-restricted income, that is also a fun way to engage new supporters!
Why should I start a lottery with make a smile?
What is the risk to my cause?
There is no risk at all. Crucially, no financial input is needed from your charity. This is a collaboration, so we would like to plan how to make the most of the lottery, but we do the rest!
What are the benefits of joining make a smile lottery?
- You will achieve an income from the very first draw and a royalty payment from us every 3 months. Furthermore, as the number of lottery players supporting your cause hit certain levels, your pence in the £1 income grows! Your supporters support your cause with their lottery membership (not a share of the proceeds). Talk to us and we will be happy to provide you with financial projections.
- A guaranteed quarterly income – we will work closely with you on financial projections and help you forecast with confidence.
- We manage all the compliance, administration and running of the draw.
- We recruit your new lottery supporters through a variation of successfully tried and tested methods, and we send you the details of the new supporters so you can update your own database.
- We offer a number of ways members can support you, so we are inclusive of everyone!
- We provide professional marketing materials and support when you need it.
- We offer a comprehensive plan to engage your supporters.
- We are very forward thinking and have ongoing development plans to grow your lottery and income!
- Experience of migrating current lotteries.
We take care of everything!
Don’t just take our word for it, see what our partners say about us!
“They are a wonderful team to work with. Everyone is so friendly and professional, and the setting up of our first lottery, which could have been quite a complicated and difficult process, was completely painless. It’s wonderful to be working with such great partners.”
Philip George, Chairman of Trustees, The Rob George Foundation
“Their fundraisers are professional, and we love working with the whole team. The extra income that the lottery is bringing to us is just amazing.”
John Munro, CEO Wessex Heartbeat
“Make a smile lottery have been a very professional, friendly, and efficient team from the outset. We are very pleased with the number of players that have already signed up to make a smile lottery and we look forward to continued growth with this fantastic new fundraising product.”